Support for Learning
Welcome to the St Thomas of Aquin’s Support for Learning Department. We are a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to meeting the individuals needs of our learners through the five roles of support for learning:
- Consultancy (advising subject teachers about the additional support needs of pupils)
- Cooperative teaching (supporting the work of class and subject teachers by targeting assistance in a planned way to pupils experiencing difficulties in learning)
- Staff development (contributing to colleagues’ professional development through the circulation of information on the needs of individual needs of pupils)
- Tutoring and class teaching– (teaching specialised programmes of work for pupils with additional support needs)
- Liaison with other agencies (eg. Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, CAMHS)
The Support for Learning team are integrated with the Pupil Support Team and work collaboratively to meet the needs of individual pupils through the school’s House System.
For any Support for Learning queries related to young people, please contact Admin@st-thomasaquins.edin.sch.uk, who will direct you to the Support for Learning teacher linked to your child’s House.
- S1/S6 Support for Learning Course Overview