St Thomas of Aquin’s has a Parent Council which brings together parents, staff and co-opted members, with the Head Teacher as professional adviser. The Parent Council has duties rights and responsibilities to the management of the school. These include:
- Consulting with parents and reporting on matters of interest
- Encouraging the development of links between school and parents
- Taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff to the school
- Discussing and approving the Head Teacher’s plans for purchasing books and educational materials
- Setting dates for occasional holidays in consultation with interested parties under the direction of the City of Edinburgh Council, assisting in the letting of school premises
- Receiving reports from the head teacher and the City of Edinburgh Council
- Receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.