Please contact St Thomas of Aquins via the details below:
We fully understand that outwith the designated Parents’ Evening there may be times when you would like to speak to us about your son’s/daughter’s progress or wellbeing. We want to be as supportive as we possibly can at these times and so the following guidelines are given to assist you in your communication with us and explain what we will do following your contact with us.
You can contact us by either phoning the school office or by emailing the school and your enquiry in the first instance should be for your son’s/daughter’s Pupil Support Leader (Guidance Teacher).
House Contact Details:
St Andrew’s House – Mr McCormick
St Kentigern’s House – Miss C Kelly
St Margaret’s House – Miss G Kelly
- If the appropriate Pupil Support Leader is available then they will be happy to discuss your concerns with you.
- If they are not available, an email will be sent to the appropriate PSL, either outlining your enquiry, or asking them to contact you.
- If you email, then your email will be forwarded by the office staff to the appropriate PSL.
- The PSL will get in touch with you as soon as they can to discuss whatever concerns you may have.
- If you feel it is necessary to come in to school and speak personally with the PSL, then they will be happy to make an appointment to meet with you.
- Once a PSL is aware of your concerns, they will take the steps necessary to communicate with the appropriate Curriculum Leaders and teachers to learn what they can about your son’s/daughter’s progress or wellbeing. Depending on the circumstances, they can normally do this quickly although sometimes it might be necessary to get a very brief written report from teachers and this can take around five working days to pull together.
- As soon as the PSL has the necessary information they will contact you to let you know what the appropriate teachers are saying and what steps might be taken to support your son/daughter in the light of this.
- If you feel that it might be necessary for you to have a further meeting with the PSL and your son/daughter, to put in place an appropriate strategy to support them in the light of what their teachers have said, then that can be arranged at a time that is convenient.
- On occasions things might not improve as a result of these strategies. If that is the case please do not hesitate to contact the PSL to discuss what more might be done to help.
- On occasions you may feel that you wish to speak to your son’s/daughter’s Year Head. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we can be of assistance. (S1/3: Madame Jean- Pierre, S4/6 Mr Santini)
Pupil Support Leaders and Year Heads have teaching commitments, as well as very extensive remits, but we will do our utmost to respond to you as quickly and as professionally as we can.