N4/N5 Business Management
The purpose of the Course is to develop learners’ understanding of the way in which businesses operate in the current dynamic, changing, competitive and economic environments, and to encourage entrepreneurial attitudes. It highlights the way in which organisations operate and the steps that they take to achieve their goals.
Business Management topics:
- Understanding Business –learners will explore issues (such as competitive, political, social, economic and technical) relating to the external environment.
- Management of People and Finance – learners will follow basic theories, concepts and processes relating to the financial and Human Resources aspects of the business.
- Management of Marketing and Operations – learners will look at how marketing can be used to communicate effectively with customers, maximise customer satisfaction, and enhance competitiveness as well as well as looking at processes to produce goods and services.
Future Career Pathways :
The study of Business can lead to an array of jobs in the public and private sectors such as: Marketing executive, business manager, accountant, enterprise consultant, financial services, business owner, human resources, quality assurance officer, change manager,
Learning and teaching approaches are:
- Focused on the learner
- Enjoyable, relevant and inclusive – enhancing the
experience, achievement and attainment of all
- Active, allowing young people to become
problem solvers in a supportive and stimulating
- Flexible and creative, allowing for personalisation of
- Allow for choice and challenge
- Collaborative and co-operative, promoting quality
social interaction between young people.
- Using ICT to support digital literacy whilst enhancing the curriculum
Evidence of progress and achievement will come from a variety of sources including:
- Observing day-to-day learning within the classroom
- coursework, including regular progress tests
- learning conversations
Recording & Reporting
- Assessment will be in line with SQA Criteria
- Pupils will have clearly identifiable next steps to enable them to raise their attainment.
- Pupil attainment will be tracked within the faculty and support put in place where necessary.
BBC Bitesize Higher Business: https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zw26n39
SQA website: https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/47919.html