The purpose of the Course is to develop learners’ understanding of the way in which businesses operate in the current dynamic, changing, competitive and economic environments, and to encourage entrepreneurial attitudes. It highlights the way in which organisations operate and the steps that they take to achieve their goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the way society relies on business to satisfy our needs.
- An insight into the systems organisation use to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Enterprising skills and attitudes.
- An insight into how organisations organise their resources for maximum efficiency.
- An understanding of the steps taken by organisations to improve their overall performance.
- An awareness of how external influences like the economy impact on organisation.
A variety of active learning and teaching strategies will be involved, from teacher led explanation and discussion to individual work; paired work; group work; researching and presenting information; interpretation and analysis of various sources of information; self and peer evaluation of work produced.
Ipads are used thoughtfully to enhance learning and raise attainment.
We use a variety of assessment approaches to allow learners to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding, skills, attributes and capabilities in each subject:
- Observing day-to-day learning within the classroom.
- Coursework, including end of unit tests.
- Project work where pupils lead their learning.
- Teams’ submissions including homework and quizzes.
- Peer and self-evaluation.
Assessment is an integral part of our teaching and learning process and we recognise that regular positive and constructive feedback is very important to help pupils progress. As a result, learners receive high-quality feedback to support their understanding of their progress in learning and what they need to do to improve.
Recording & Reporting
The SQA assessments and homework results form the basis for the comments in tracking reports reports.
All pupil assessments are routinely graded and recorded by the teacher and the results are stored centrally, these results are used by staff to track the progress of the individuals and ensure that their needs are being met. Pupils received written feedback and next steps as well as verbal feedback. Staff report formally to parents via Tracking Reports and at parent consultations as per the school calendar.