S2 Business Education
Our S2 course follows the Experiences and Outcomes outlined in A Curriculum for Excellence.
Our Main topics include:
Happy Paws: an introduction to technologies focusing on the use of Outlook to build skills in ICT.
Music festival: Covering all aspects of setting up a Music festival business including branding, marketing, target market and making a business plan.
Globalisation: Globalisation has increased the production of goods and services. The biggest companies are no longer national firms but multinational corporations. In this topic, pupils get the opportunity to consider the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation and how it might impact them.
Business ethics: Businesses are increasingly judged on the contribution they make to society. Behaving ethically, without harming the environment, is an important part of this corporate social responsibility. Pupils get the chance to consider what makes an ethical business.
Learning and teaching approaches are:
- Focused on the learner
- Enjoyable, relevant and inclusive – enhancing the
experience, achievement and attainment of all
- Active, allowing young people to become
problem solvers in a supportive and stimulating
- Flexible and creative, allowing for personalisation of
- Allow for choice and challenge
- Collaborative and co-operative, promoting quality
social interaction between young people.
- Using ICT to support digital literacy whilst enhancing the curriculum
Evidence of progress and achievement will come from a variety of sources including:
- Observing day-to-day learning within the classroom
- coursework, including regular progress tests
- learning conversations
Recording & Reporting
- Pupils will maintain a Pupil Profile Folder where assessments will be filed allowing them to reflect on their learning.
- Pupils will have clearly identifiable next steps to enable them to raise their attainment.
- Pupil attainment will be tracked within the faculty and support put in place where necessary.
Resources will appear here soon.