S1 Business Education
Our S1 course follows the Experiences and Outcomes outlined in A Curriculum for Excellence. Our Main topics include:
- Product Development – delivered through a themed approach ‘Warning May Contain Losses‘
- Events Management – this will involve the setting up and running of an event within the school.
- Entrepreneur Project
- Office 365
We use teacher-led discussion, cooperative group work and many formative assessment strategies to give pupils the opportunity to demonstrate and improve their knowledge, practical skills and skills for learning, life and work.
Evidence of progress and achievement will come from a variety of sources including:
- observing day-to-day learning within the classroom;
- coursework, including regular tests* at the end of each unit of work;
- learning conversations; and
- planned periodic holistic assessment.
*The tests assesses knowledge and understanding as well as problem solving skills.
Recording & Reporting
The tests form the basis for the comments in the pupil report issued to parents.
Topic: Warning May Contain Losses
- Creating an advert
- Assessment: Revision Fact Sheet
Topic: Jack’s Party Planning Administration
- Touch typing (Big Brown Bear)
Topic : Entrepreneurial Skills
- Create a front cover
- Complete an A4 page on the background of your entrepreneur
- Life History of your Entrepreneur
Learn to type! These exercises are designed to help you improve your touch-typing skills. The exercises. gradually build up from using a few keys until you have total keyboard mastery. The focus should be on accuracy, using the correct fingers for the different keys.
Theme Hotel is a challenging construction and management simulation game for older kids and teens where your goal is to build and maintain a *Five-Star* hotel. Start from scratch and raise your hotel to a world-class standard. This game helps you to learn the essential skills of managing a business while also exercising your creative engineering side, as you have to construct your own hotel as you progress.