The Bronze DofE Award has been running in the school for many years and is open to any S3 pupil. However, the demand for places in our DofE Bronze group is very high and places are limited due to expedition requirements. School staff support and train the Bronze group throughout the session in preparation for their expeditions. The expeditions are led by school staff together with qualified walking leaders linked to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award unit.
The initial cost to cover registration and in-school support and training is £30. In addition to this the Expedition section of the Award will cost £30 for each expedition, both Practice and Qualifier.
I’m interested what should I do now?
- Plan what you are going to do for Volunteering, Physical and Skill.
- Ask the person in charge of each activity if they are willing to be your supervisor and provide a report when you complete the section.
- Pupils who have organised all three sections will have the best chance of gaining a space in the Bronze group.
- Check the DofE noticeboard in the Social Subjects corridor for details if the first meeting in August each year.
- Further information can be found on the Duke of Edinburgh website dofe.org