Art and Design
The Art and Design Department strives to maintain high standards, in the quality of the lessons we deliver and in our expectations of student work. The Department is fully committed to providing a highly stimulating and rewarding creative experience for students of all abilities. The staff always endeavour to support and celebrate our student’s creative talents and gifts.
Our aim is to develop in our students, a range of skills along with a confidence in creating and presenting Art and Design works. We seek to foster an appreciation of Art and Design and its role in the world they experience, to develop visual literacy and the ability to problem solve and think creatively. Many of our students go on to study Art and Design in Art College and University and successful applicants tend to follow specialist degree courses in Fine Art, Jewellery, Illustration, Fashion Design, Interior Design and Architecture. Some S5 and S6 students choose to return to the Art Department simply because they enjoy the subject, even though it may not be central to their career plans. Located on the fourth floor, the department has two well-equipped Art classrooms, a pottery/kiln room and a studio space for S6 pupils.
Art staff are located in the following rooms:
- 4.28 – Ms Wilson
- 4.28 – Ms Paton (Tuesday morning)
- 4.31 – Mr Cunningham
- 4.27 – Art Studio (S6 independent study)
- S1/S2 Art and Design Course Overview
- S3 Art and Design Course Overview
- N3 Art and Design Course Overview
- N4 Art and Design Course Overview
- N5 Art and Design Course Overview
- S5/S6 Higher Art and Design Course Overview
- S6 Advanced Higher Art (Expressive) Course Overview
- S6 Advanced Higher Design Course Overview